Ideal Candidates will have:
- PA teaching certification for Reading or Middle School ELA (or be eligible to acquire)
- Experience teaching successfully in an urban setting.
- Proven effectiveness and passion for leading a group of students with a variety of abilities to each make significant academic gains.
- Experience teaching beginning readers to acquire phonics and comprehension skills.
- Exceptional classroom management skills and a willingness to use humor to resolve potential problems.
- Developing daily lesson plans using the Leveled Literacy Intervention Program as a resource.
- Determining and implementing what each child needs in order to excel.
- Treating all students and other staff with respect.
- Collaborating closely with the reading intervention team and other members of the school staff.
- Participating in professional development sessions.
- PA Instructional I or II Certification for Middle School ELA or Reading Specialist K‐12
- Wilson Certification, preferred
- Act 34, Act 151, Act 168 and FBI clearances